H.W. Flesher Housing Co-operative
is a community of people with shared responsibility for each other, our homes, and our neighbourhood.
Located in green, family-friendly Collingwood neighbourhood, our housing co-operative sits on 4.5 landscaped acres. Our award-winning design features spacious patios and shared green space where neighbours live and work together.
We enjoy quick access to transit, including SkyTrain and highway routes. We are a five-minute drive from Metrotown, and 20 minutes from the airport.
Our members are drawn from a wide variety of ages, incomes, languages, experiences, and skills, living together and contributing to the management of our community. Children are encouraged to participate in all activities at HW Flesher.
Being a co-op member means having a say over your housing and surrounding environment. It also means you have a responsibility to make sure your co-op is well-managed and a pleasant place to live.
Members are required to participate in the following ways:
- Buy shares in the co-op
- Pay a monthly housing charge (click here for current housing/share prices)
- Attend regularly scheduled general meetings
- Participate in running the co-op by joining a committee and taking on regular tasks
- Help with maintenance and general clean up
- Participate in social events
Co-ops work because each member contributes at least four (4) hours per month to available tasks.
Our little village – as we like to think of it – has developed committees to suit all interests, that contribute to the overall health and life of our co-operative. There are many committees to choose from such as Maintenance, Landscaping, Social, Finance, Board of Directors Membership, Newsletter, and Pet. Volunteering on these committees helps us contribute to our community and become more connected with our neighbours.
Fast facts about H.W. Flesher:
• 100 units. (25 1-bedroom, 55 2-bedroom, 18 3-bedroom, and 2 4-bedroom).
• Shared amenities include access to a full-time maintenance person, a common meeting hall, gated underground parking, and a 24-hour laundry room.
Each unit includes:
• A private entrance
• Spacious living rooms and dining rooms
• Full kitchens
Some units include:
• Modifications to accommodate people with disabilities
• Hookups for washer and dryer
• Access to a storage locker (1 and 2 bedrooms)